Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 pinch(s) of salt
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) chopped nuts optional (but not really)
- 3/4 cup(s) favorite jam/filling
- Cream butter and sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes. Separate the eggs (saving the egg whites) and add the yolks and vanilla extract to the butter mixtures. If using nuts place the egg white in a shallow dish and whisk them until bubbly and frothy and set aside. Add the flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Place a dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350F. Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. If using nuts, dip the balls into the egg white then roll them into the nuts until covered. Place the ball on parchment lined cookie sheets. Press down with your (clean) thumb to make a small well the center of the cookie. Do not press to hard or the cookie will fall apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling then fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam/filling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jrice71 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note