You can use all red tomatoes, such as a combination of cherry, plum, and beefsteak. But add other varieties and colors, when available, for a beautiful presentation.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 3 Hours
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large yellow or red tomato, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 16 green leaf lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and next 4 ingredients. Place tomatoes in a 2-qt. baking dish, and pour olive oil mixture over tomatoes. Cover and let stand 3 hours.
- 2. Place 2 lettuce leaves on each of 8 salad plates, and divide tomato mixture evenly among plates. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three-Tomato Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This