I love this salad! I didn't think I would since all the ingredients were mixed together. It was good and quick. I added avacado to it. Delicious!
Three-Step Taco Salad
We suggest assembling all the ingredients first and tossing them just before serving to keep the lettuce and chips crisp. Serve pineapple sherbet for dessert.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 757mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 (1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups (4 ounces) bite-sized baked tortilla chips
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe black olives
- Cook the beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
- Combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans in a large bowl. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad, and toss gently. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and black olives. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note