This is my very favorite salad! The combination of flavors is fabulous. I get pre cut up butternut squash so its pretty easy and I microwave my fresh ears of corn. Everything about this salad is great!!!
Three Sisters Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 pounds butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash; cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss squash with olive oil to coat; place in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 minutes or until squash is just tender and begins to brown (do not overcook), stirring once after 10 minutes. Cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 2. Toss together cannellini beans, next 4 ingredients, and squash in a large bowl; cover and chill 2 to 4 hours. Toss with arugula just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This