Three Mushroom Soup
From Dr. Hyman's UltraMetabolism-This is most excellent Soup. (Note I never bother with the puree step.) Instead I just put it in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours to futher soften the mushrooms.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOL
- 1 whole(s) leek chopped white and lt green parts only
- 1/2 cup(s) shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) celery sliced
- 1 pound(s) white button mushrooms stems removed, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) shitake mushrooms stems removed, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) crimini mushrooms stems removed, cleaned and sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 5 cup(s) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives snipped
- Heat the EVOL in a large pan over medium heat. Add the leek, shallots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 min., until softened. Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes more, until mushrooms soften. Add the broth, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When the soup is finished cooking, remove it from the heat and cool slightly. Puree the soup in batches in a blender, returning the batches to a large saucepan. Stir in the parsley and gently heat the soup through. Serve garnished with the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BernieRabbit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three Mushroom Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews