Is the Kahlua a main ingredient in this? does it need to be in there?
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (or strong coffee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly sweetened softly whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed (use whip attachment if available), beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow, 5 to 6 minutes. In a small bowl, mix flour and baking powder. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add flour mixture in small increments and beat until smooth. Scrape batter into a buttered 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake in a 325° regular or convection oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl condensed milk, evaporated milk, regular milk, Kahlua, and vanilla until well blended. Pour evenly over hot cake; let cool about 15 minutes, then cover and chill until cake has absorbed all the milk mixture, at least 3 hours, or up to 1 day.
- 4. Cut cake into squares or rectangles, lift out with a wide spatula, and set on plates. Top each piece of cake with a spoonful of whipped cream and garnish with strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts