People rave over these baked beans wherever I take them. It's an easy recipe to double. Even for the basic recipe, I add an extra can of beans because the meat-to-bean ratio is so generous. The flavor is sweet and tangy, but not too much of either. I've also used reduced-fat Polish sausage and turkey bacon, and that works fine. It's hard to mess up this recipe.
Three Meat Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Brown Polish sausage in a skillet; remove from skillet, and discard drippings. Set sausage aside.
- Combine ground beef and onion in skillet; cook, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir together ground beef mixture, sausage, bacon, and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note