I guess I am a redneck because I grew up eating this dessert. It is delicious and easy; a great recipe to make with the kids. And I think it is ignorant to make rude statements on a recipe website...just rate the recipe and keep your uneducated, snide remarks to yourself.
Three-Ingredient Orange Sherbet
Cool off with an easy sherbet recipe with only three ingredients. Not into orange? Sub different frozen fruits and soft drink flavors to customize this dessert to fit your tastes.
Yield: about 3 quarts
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (2-liter) bottle orange soft drink, chilled
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and pour mixture into freezer container of a 5-quart electric freezer. Freeze mixture according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack electric freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let sherbet stand 1 hour before serving. Scoop sherbet into bowls, and garnish, if desired.
- Three-Ingredient Blackberry Sherbert: Substitute frozen blackberries for crushed pineapple and grape soft drink for orange soft drink.
- Three-Ingredient Peach Sherbet: Substitute frozen peaches for crushed pineapple and peach soft drink for orange soft drink.
- Three-Ingredient Strawberry Sherbet: Substitute 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries for crushed pineapple and strawberry soft drink for orange soft drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three-Ingredient Orange Sherbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Quick/Easy
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Desserts