I guess I am a redneck because I grew up eating this dessert. It is delicious and easy; a great recipe to make with the kids. And I think it is ignorant to make rude statements on a recipe website...just rate the recipe and keep your uneducated, snide remarks to yourself.
Three-Ingredient Orange Sherbet
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (2-liter) bottle orange soft drink, chilled
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and pour mixture into freezer container of a 5-quart electric freezer. Freeze mixture according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack electric freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let sherbet stand 1 hour before serving. Scoop sherbet into bowls, and garnish, if desired.
- Three-Ingredient Blackberry Sherbert: Substitute frozen blackberries for crushed pineapple and grape soft drink for orange soft drink.
- Three-Ingredient Peach Sherbet: Substitute frozen peaches for crushed pineapple and peach soft drink for orange soft drink.
- Three-Ingredient Strawberry Sherbet: Substitute 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries for crushed pineapple and strawberry soft drink for orange soft drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three-Ingredient Orange Sherbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Quick/Easy
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This