With a few modifications, this recipe could be a 5 star! We all loved it.. My suggestions - add black beans to the salad part.Also, 1 minute before taking it off the heat, add diced zucchini - this adds a bit of brightness and additional crunch. Finally - upon serving, squeeze fresh lime juice over the dish. Fantastic! PS - we used truvia instead of sugar and it was still great!
Three-Chile-Dusted Shrimp with Quick Corn Relish
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Toss fresh shrimp in a mixture of three types of chile powder, saute the shrimp, and serve over a veggie medley of corn, bell pepper, and onion for an easy weeknight dinner.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 1/2 ounces shrimp and about 3/4 cup corn mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 342
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 37.9g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 114mg
- 3 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, chili powder, chile powders, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add shrimp to spice mixture; toss well to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and corn to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar; cook 30 seconds. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup green onions.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve with corn mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note