Three-Cheese Spinach Quiche
- 1/2 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Unfold pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 13" square. Place in a lightly greased 9" deep-dish pieplate. Fold edges under, and crimp. Prick pastry lightly with a fork. Freeze at least 15 minutes to make pastry firmer. Bake pastry at 400° for 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Cook spinach according to package directions. Squeeze spinach between several layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach, cream, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and eggs, stirring well.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and onion into pastry shell. Add spinach mixture. Top with red pepper; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55 minutes or until set. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: You can use 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts instead of puff pastry in this quiche, but it won't be as flaky.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch