Three Cheese-and-Spinach Pizza
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 Basic Pizza Dough or 1 uncooked prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Kasseri or provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. (For a crispy crust, preheat a pizza stone on the lowest rack in the oven.)
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper. Add spinach, in batches; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted.
- 3. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured baking sheet or pizza peel. Brush edges of crust with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread spinach mixture to edges of crust; top with cheeses and pine nuts, if desired.
- 4. If desired, transfer pizza to pizza stone dusted with cornmeal or semolina flour; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes