This was great! I'm so surprised more people haven't tried it. It's super easy and so good. The sauteed mushrooms and ricotta dollops give it a fancy taste. I added a little crumbled bacon as well. Cheaper and much better than takeout! Step-by-step photos on my blog: http://me-myself-and-pie.blogspot.com/2009/12/three-cheese-pizza-w-mushroom-basil.html
Three-Cheese Pizza with Mushrooms and Basil
Photo: Karry Hosford
Use a teaspoon to evenly dollop the ricotta-Parmesan mixture over the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 1033mg
- Calcium: 445mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup chunky vegetable pasta sauce (such as Ragu)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the pasta sauce over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Dollop ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the sauce, and top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 450º for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp. Sprinkle with basil, and cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three-Cheese Pizza with Mushrooms and Basil Recipe at a Glance