ive done it ,it came out great happy with it
Three-Cheese Pasta Bake
The combination of cheeses—white cheddar, parmesan, and Gruyère—give this dish its rich flavor. The pasta makes an ideal side dish during the holidays.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz.) shredded GruyÃ¨re cheese, divided*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, and next 3 ingredients until smooth.
- 3. Stir together pasta and cheese mixture, and pour into 4 lightly greased 8-oz. baking dishes or 1 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. (If using 8-oz. baking dishes, place in a jelly-roll pan for easy baking, and proceed as directed.) Top with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- *Swiss cheese may be substituted.
- Note: To make ahead, proceed with recipe as directed through Step 3. (Do not top with remaining Gruyère cheese.) Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Top pasta mixture with remaining Gruyère cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note