My family loves these potatoes. I have made them several years during holidays and large family gatherings. I love that they are made ahead, therefore decreasing workload on actual holiday. They are creamy, cheesey and delicious.
Three-Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
The cheese in this mashed potato casserole is really what sets it apart from other casseroles. A blend of cheddar, muenster and cream cheese creates a dish of rich, gooey goodness.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Beat potatoes and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. (Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- *Frozen mashed potatoes may be substituted. Prepare potatoes according to package directions for 4 servings. Proceed with recipe as directed. For testing purposes only, we used Ore Ida Mashed Potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles