- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Beat potatoes and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. (Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.)
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
*Frozen mashed potatoes may be substituted. Prepare potatoes according to package directions for 4 servings. Proceed with recipe as directed. For testing purposes only, we used Ore Ida Mashed Potatoes.