Made this for a dinner party. Very yummy.
Three-Cheese Garlic Bread
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 20 minutes. You may want to make an extra loaf of this crowd-pleaser, as it will go quickly.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 9.5g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 loaf French bread (1 lb.)
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler with 1 rack on the bottom of oven and 1 rack about 4 1/2 in. from heat.
- 2. In a food processor, whirl garlic cloves until finely chopped. Add butter, granulated garlic, and cayenne and whirl until smooth and well blended, scraping bowl as necessary.
- 3. Halve bread lengthwise and evenly coat cut sides with garlic spread. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking pan and broil on bottom rack until butter is sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- 4. In a medium bowl, toss together cheddar, jack, and parmesan cheeses.
- 5. Remove bread from oven and sprinkle evenly with cheese mixture. Return bread to top oven rack and broil until cheese has melted and is just beginning to turn golden, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer bread to a cutting board and cut into 1 1/2-in.-wide slices.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers