Three-Cheese Chicken Breasts in Tomato Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 15 oz. can(s) tomato sauce
- 15 ox. can(s) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounce(s) penne pasta freshly cooked
- 1 cup(s) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Asiago or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet; saute until outside is white, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plate. Add onion, garlic, and oregano to skillet and saute until onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, wine and bay leaves and cook until sauce thickens about 8 minutes; discard bay leaves.
- Line prepared dish with penne. Arrange chicken over. Spoon sauce over, covering chicken completely. Mix cheeses in small bowl. Sprinkle cheeses over sauce. Bake until chicken is just cooked through and sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Have2kids and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes