Very tasty, almost sorbet-like. Made in Cuisinart machine. Freezes hard, so needs to sit on counter for few minutes to serve. For the berries, I use 16 oz bag of Trader Joes frozen triple berries; defrost & puree in blender or food mill. Sometimes I skip straining out the seeds.
Three Berry Buttermilk Sherbet
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
4 Hours, 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 6%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Cholesterol: 2.2mg
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) blackberries
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1. Purée berries in a food processor, then rub through a fine strainer into a medium bowl. Discard solids. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm enough to scoop, at least 4 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts