Three-Bean Soup with Canadian Bacon
Resistant starch: 4 grams
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups soup plus 1 tablespoon crisped Canadian bacon)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 504mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 large zucchini, cut into small dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup drained and rinsed low-sodium cannellini beans
- 1 cup drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 slices (2 ounces) Canadian bacon, finely diced
- 1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes.
- 3. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- 4. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, 3–4 minutes.
- 5. Add stock, beans, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat until slightly thickened, 15 minutes.
- 6. While soup is simmering, spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook bacon until crisp, 3 minutes.
- 7. Divide soup among 4 bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon crisped bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note