- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 large zucchini, cut into small dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup drained and rinsed low-sodium cannellini beans
- 1 cup drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 slices (2 ounces) Canadian bacon, finely diced
- calories 271
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- sugars 6 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 504 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes.
Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
Add zucchini and cook, stirring, 3–4 minutes.
Add stock, beans, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat until slightly thickened, 15 minutes.
While soup is simmering, spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook bacon until crisp, 3 minutes.
Divide soup among 4 bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon crisped bacon.