Three Bean Salad with Almonds and Pecorino
Crisp green beans team up with the buttery limas in this tangy salad. Substitute pink-eyed peas for the lima beans, if you like. Toast almonds in a 350° oven for 8 minutes or until golden. This salad is especially tasty served warm.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 127
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lima beans
- 1/2 pound fresh yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Sort and wash lima beans; place in a small saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Cook wax and green beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Combine lima, wax, and green beans in a large bowl. Add vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss well. Top with cheese and slivered almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This