I thought this recipe was really good - I used cilantro instead of parsley and I put in vidalia onion instead of red onion. I use whatever beans I have in my kitchen, most of the time I make sure at least one of the beans is cut green beans.
Cannellini beans, kidney beans and chickpeas star in this easy bean salad that’s flavored with a tangy fresh herb and lemon vinaigrette.
Yield: Makes 4 to 8 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 675mg
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cannellini beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, celery, onion, parsley, and rosemary.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads