More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 30.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 294mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) boned pork loin roast
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (3-inch) chunks hickory wood
- Cooking spray
- 1. Trim fat from roast. Combine pork and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove roast from bag, reserving marinade.
- 2. Soak hickory wood chunks in water 1 to 24 hours. Drain well. Prepare charcoal fire in meat smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Place hickory chunks on top of coals. Place water pan in smoker; fill with hot tap water.
- 3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place roast on rack in smoker. Cover with smoker lid; cook 3 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 155°. Refill water pan with water and add additional charcoal to fire as needed.
- 4. Remove roast from smoker; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Separate roast into bite-sized pieces, using 2 forks. Place roast pieces in a medium bowl.
- 5. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring marinade to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over pork, and toss well.
- carbo rating: 3
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes