Three-Mile Thousand Island Sauce
From Executive Editor Hunter Lewis:
Turn your ho-hum leftover turkey sandwich into a gourmet lunch with our Executive Editor's go-to sandwich condiment. The best part? There's no shopping needed. This sauce can be made with ingredients found in your refrigerator. To build a spectacular sandwich, slather the sauce on toasted slices of your favorite bread. Then pile on the leftover turkey and top with thinly sliced red onion, crisp lettuce leaves, and a juicy slice of tomato.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced pickled jalapeño peppers*
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 to 4 tsp. Asian hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- Salt to taste
- Stir together mayonnaise, ketchup, minced peppers, horseradish, and chili sauce in a small bowl. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- *Sweet pickle relish may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note