Thin Spaghetti With Shrimp
- 1 (16-oz.) box thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and bay leaf; sauté 5 to 6 minutes. Add shrimp, and sauté 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until wine evaporates.
- Add tomatoes to skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; discard bay leaf.
- Transfer spaghetti to a serving dish, and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This