Thin Mint Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 TB softened butter
- 3 TB applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking Spray
- 1. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar and next 5 ingredients (brown sugar-peppermint extract) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Beat in egg white. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- 3. Coat your hands lightly with cooking spray. Shape the dough into a 6 inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5. Cut the log into 24 (1/4 inch) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DrShiva and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thin Mint Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies