They were lovely and crispy, and overall had a good taste. However, like another reviewer, I found that it tasted subtly of baking soda.
Thin, Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 81mg
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well blended. Beat in 3 tablespoons water and the vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
- 3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake in a 300° oven until cookies are lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Store these cookies airtight for up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This