Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter,
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Sift flour, salt, and baking soda onto large sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
- In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup at low speed until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Add yolk, milk, and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute, scraping bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula as necessary. With mixer running on low speed, fold up 3 edges of parchment around dry ingredients to form a pouch and slowly shake dry ingredients into bowl; mix on low speed until just combined, about 2 minutes. Do not overbeat. Add chips and mix on low speed until distributed evenly throughout batter, about 5 seconds.
- Leaving about 2 inches between each ball, scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets with 1¼-inch (about 1 tablespoon capacity) ice cream scoop. Bake 1 sheet at a time, until cookies are deep golden brown and flat, about 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 3 minutes. Using wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and let sit until crisped and cooled to room temperature. (Can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 week.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies