This recipe was amazing! The cookies are thick and crispy and crumbly. I have looked for a recipe like this for a long time now. I found the dough to be a bit moister than expected, so I added 1/4 cup more of flour like another reviewer suggested, and they turned out fantastic!
Thick, Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep and Cook Time: about 35 minutes. Store these cookies airtight for up to 2 days.
Yield: Makes 32 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla until well blended and smooth; scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
- 3. Dough will be crumbly; pinch into 1-tablespoon lumps and drop about 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake in a 300° oven until cookies are an even golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts