The Tech Billionaire Hot Dog
This is the kind of hot dog that a tech giant might crave, right after cashing in on the IPO: a luxury combo of Kobe beef dogs, creamy cheese, and buttery brioche buns.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 545
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 1919mg
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- 4 Kobe beef* or all-beef hot dogs
- 4 brioche hot dog buns
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion slivers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- About 1/2 cup washed-rind triple-cream cheese, such as Red Hawk*
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Grill dogs until slightly charred all over, about 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Add buns and grill, turning frequently, until warmed and lightly charred, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss arugula and onion with oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to lightly coat.
- 3. Smear mustard and cheese on buns, tuck in hot dogs, and top with arugula salad.
- *Kobe beef hot dogs are available from marxfoods.com. Find Red Hawk cheese at cowgirlcreamery.com or Whole Foods Market.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note