The Surfer Hot Dog
A day of catching waves requires plenty of protein for sustenance, and with both meat and shrimp, this dog delivers. Slivered nori adds a little more ocean flavor.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 503
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 1209mg
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- 4 beef-pork hot dogs
- 1/2 pound (10 to 12) peeled, deveined medium shrimp, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 organic hot dog buns
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 sheet nori, cut into slivers (about 3 tbsp.)
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Grill hot dogs until slightly charred all over, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Toss shrimp with oil in a small bowl, then grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add buns and grill, turning frequently, until warmed and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, smash avocado with a fork in a small bowl and stir in onion. In another small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- 4. Set dogs in buns and dollop with avocado mixture, then drizzle generously with Sriracha mayonnaise. Halve shrimp lengthwise and divide among dogs. Sprinkle with nori.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note