The saucy KO
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Lean ground beef
- 1 pound(s) Italian sausage meat (hot or mild) ground
- 2 can(s) Red kidney beans with juice
- 1 can(s) Diced tomatoes with juice
- 5 piece(s) Hot chilli peppers (or hotter peppers) finely diced
- 1 whole(s) white or yellow onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Brown Sugar
- 1 dash(es) Masala powder
- 2 clove(s) Garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoon(s) Hickory BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Whiskey (half a shot)
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix onions and peppers until they turn golden. Add meat and spices and stir evenly until meat is mostly cooked, including BBQ sauce and whiskey. Then, add the tomatoes and kidney beans all together. Let it cook for 1 hour over medium-low heat while stirring frequently. Everything will reduce greatly and the sauce will thicken. Once chili is thick, taste and add any ingredients according to flavour depending on preference, then cook for another 15 mins over low heat. If it ends up being a little too thick at the end, add a little bit of coffee and stir. It adds a very subtle flavour instead of watering everything down by adding...water.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lizzorz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
The saucy KO Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews