The MacK Muffin
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- white wine vinegar as needed
- 1 large egg
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) spinach
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 tablespoon(s) light cream cheese
- 1 slice(s) tomato
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) sriracha sauce to taste
- Bring a large, deep saucepan with at least 5 or 6 cups of water to a boil. Add about 1 tsp vinegar for every cup of water. (Taste to make sure the amount is correct - vinegar should be barely noticeable.) Lower heat to a slow simmer. Carefully crack egg into a teacup or large ladle. Lower teacup or ladle into water and pour egg out as gently as possible, careful not to break yolk. Egg white will coagulate in water and turn white. Cook until egg white is formed and set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove egg with a slotted spoon or strainer; set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Once pan is hot, add spinach and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly wilted. Remove spinach from pan and set aside.
- Toast English muffin. To assemble, spread 1/2 tbsp cream cheese on each half of English muffin. Place spinach on bottom half of English muffin, then add poached egg and tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with hot sauce, if desired, before topping with other half of English muffin.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
The MacK Muffin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch