The Corduroy Jacket
The Corduroy Jacket, our retro-inspired cocktail, features Angostura bitters, cognac, and sparkling apple cider. For a slightly more potent version of this cocktail, substitute hard cider or champagne for the sparkling apple cider.
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Minutes
- 1 fresh orange slice
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 6 tablespoons chilled sparkling apple cider
- 1 (3 1/2-inch) strip orange peel
- Fresh thyme sprig
- 1. Muddle orange slice, brown sugar cube, and Angostura bitters in a cocktail shaker to release flavors.
- 2. Fill shaker with ice cubes, and add cognac; cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a stemmed 10-oz. glass.
- 3. Top with sparkling apple cider. Garnish with orange peel and fresh thyme sprig.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note