The Chicken and the Egg Chopped Salad
"From the chopping block" by Beverly Mills with Alicia Ross, United Feature Syndicate. Substitute preferred veggies for the ones listed. Desperation Dinners. Winston-Salem Journal: September 16, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 cup(s) torn Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 ounce(s) cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped Kirby cucumbers, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped carrots
- 1 cup(s) seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup(s) Creamy Dijon Dressing
- Creamy Dijon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) wine vinegar, white or red
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Place all salad ingredients except croutons and dressing in a bowl. Chop croutons into smaller pieces then add to bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss well and serve.
- For dressing: Pour all ingredients into a 2-cup glass measure or an 8-ounce or larger jar that has a lid. Whisk or shake very well to combine. Use right away or refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Shake well to recombine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note