The Best Ever German Potato Salad
Community Recipe from
- 6 whole(s) Russet potatoes rough chopped
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 3/4 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) whole celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper to taste or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- Roast potatoes on a greased baking sheet at 450' for 10 - 15 minutes, toss and continue to cook until fairly soft;another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Saute bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp and well done. Drain on paper, reserving fat in pan. Crumble.
- Add onions to pan and cook over med. low heat until soft and translucent; 3 -5 minutes.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds and pepper. Cook over med. low heat until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in water and vinegar. Return to med.high heat an bring to a boil Boil gently 1 minute.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and remove from heat.
- Serve warm.
- Add sliced, cooked sausage to make it a main dish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Solveig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
The Best Ever German Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
More Recipes for Main Dishes