The Best (and Simplest) Creamed Spinach
This creamed spinach is ridiculously simple. The ingredient list is short: salt, pepper, spinach, cream cheese, garlic, nutmeg and Parmesan cheese. Thaw the spinach, but don't squeeze out and toss the liquid, as many recipes instruct. Instead, use it to thin the light Neufchatel to sauce consistency. The instructions are equally short: heat flavors, melt cream cheese, add spinach, cook five minutes and stir in Parm. Classy and quick. Recipe by Pam Anderson, AARP.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 8-ounce package(s) light (Neufchatel) cream cheese
- 2 16-ounce package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, reserving juice
- 1/2 cup(s) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil, garlic and nutmeg in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until garlic starts to sizzle and turn golden. Add cream cheese and as it starts to melt, add spinach and its liquid; cook until sauce is thick and bubbly and spinach is tender yet still green, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note