Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2/3 cup(s) Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 6 Whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Juniper berries Crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black peppercorns Crushed
- 2 teaspoon(s) Allspice berries Crushed
- 5 Fresh sage leaves
- 4 sprig(s) Fresh thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 8 cup(s) Hot water
- 4 cup(s) Ice Water
- 1 Turkey
- In a large saucepan stir together first 8 ingredients, along with hot water. Bring to a boil stirring frequently until sugar and salt have dissolved. Boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Add the ice water and stir to cool. Set aside, allow. To cool to room temp.
- Brine the turkey 12 to 24 hours, turning several times.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobinTrunnell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes