Thanksgiving Mincemeat Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-ounce) package condensed mincemeat, crumbled
- Caramel Cream Frosting
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating mixture well after each addition.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after each addition. Stir in crumbled mincemeat.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 300° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely.
- Spread Caramel Cream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note