really yummy!! i used honey instead of sugar (3/4 the amount)...and i used sweet chili sauce instead of the jalepeno...
Thai Tenderloin Salad
This salad has a nice balance of flavors. Grilled flank steak can substitute for the tenderloin, if you prefer.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 717mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Prepare grill.
- Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine juice, fish sauce, sugar, and ground red pepper in a large bowl. Add beef, lettuce, and next 5 ingredients (lettuce through jalapeño); toss well. Add cilantro and mint; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note