I made this yesterday in the crockpot. i just threw everything in and cut the ingredients down a little because i didnt reserve any sauce. i left the sugar out because there was already plenty of sugar in the juice concentrate. It was tender and delicious and so flvorful, me and my husband loved it.
These ribs marinate all night and then slow-cook all day to get their incredible flavor.
Slow-Cooker Size: 6-quart
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours
- 3 1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, racks cut in half
- 1 (11.5-ounce) can frozen orange-pineapple-apple juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted (we tested with Welch's)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Place ribs in a large shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag.
- Combine juice concentrate and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk. Reserve 3/4 cup mixture in refrigerator for dipping. Pour remaining mixture evenly over ribs; cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove ribs from marinade, discarding marinade. Place 1 rack of ribs in bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker; stand remaining rib racks on their sides around edges of slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook 5 hours.
- Microwave reserved 3/4 cup sauce in a 1-cup glass measure at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once. Serve with ribs. Garnish, if desired.
- Stand Your Ribs: Standing these ribs along the sides of your slow cooker gives them direct contact with heat, so they'll have crispy brown edges like ribs that have smoked for hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note