Excellent! Super easy and fast. Double the sauce and make sure you use the suggested garnishes (peanuts, onions, limes) when serving.
Thai-Style Pork Stew
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 413
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 456mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 pounds boned pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups (1 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 8 lime wedges
- To prepare stew, trim fat from pork. Place pork and next 5 ingredients (pork through garlic) in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker, and coarsely chop. Add peanut butter to liquid in slow cooker; stir well. Stir in pork.
- Combine stew and rice in a large bowl. Top each serving with onions and peanuts; serve with lime wedges.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note