Had to add a few extras to make it special. Must add seasoned rice vinegar to taste. The sweet one. Delete the fish sauce. I also sliced in some mango. Made this ok recipe really, really yummy.
Thai-Style Jicama Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sodium: 905mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 1 large jicama, peeled and julienned using a mandoline (about 4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned using a mandoline
- 2 stalks celery, very finely sliced
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/2 pound peeled, cooked medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), tails removed, sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Spread jicama and carrot on a clean, dry dish towel with strands going in the same direction. Roll up and press towel (to squeeze out as much liquid as possible without breaking strands). Transfer vegetables to a bowl and fluff with your fingers. Add celery, mint, cilantro, chiles, and shrimp and toss to combine.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads