- 1 large jicama, peeled and julienned using a mandoline (about 4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned using a mandoline
- 2 stalks celery, very finely sliced
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/2 pound peeled, cooked medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), tails removed, sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- calories 221
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 17 g
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 8.3 g
- sodium 905 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
Spread jicama and carrot on a clean, dry dish towel with strands going in the same direction. Roll up and press towel (to squeeze out as much liquid as possible without breaking strands). Transfer vegetables to a bowl and fluff with your fingers. Add celery, mint, cilantro, chiles, and shrimp and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.