Thai-Style Chicken Sausage Rolls
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) five-seed bread
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3c) Fountain Satay Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh coriander
- 3 teaspoon(s) finely chopped lemon grass
- 227 g can water chestnuts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 sheets (25cmx25cm) frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- Fountain Satay Sauce, extra, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking powder. Place the bread in a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes or until very soft. Drain, squeezing out as much moisture as possible. Combine bread, mince, onion, satay sauce, coriander, lemon grass and water chestnuts in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- 2. Cut the pastry sheets in half cross-ways. Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture along the long side of 1 piece of pastry. Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg and roll to enclose. Cut the sausage roll into 5 even pieces and arrange, seam side down, on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the remaining pastry and chicken mixture.
- 3. Brush the sausage rolls with the egg and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with extra satay sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Louwynd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note