Thai-Style Chicken Coconut Curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) shallots Cup thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) grape-seed or canola oil
- 2 Serrano chilies Thinly sliced
- 1 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cabbage sliced into 1/2 inch-wide sprips
- 1 carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) mushroom caps sliced
- 14 ounce(s) light coconut milk
- 1 pound(s) skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes cored and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup(s) snow peas strings removed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 1 scallion greens sliced into 1-inch lengths, whites thinly sliced
- Combine shallots and oil in a large saucepan over hight heat; saute for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add the chiles, ginger, garlic and turmeric, and saute for 1 minute. Add cabbage, carrot, and mushrooms, and sate for another 1 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and 1 cup of water; bring the mixture to a boil. Add chicken and soy sauce and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in tomatoes and snow peat and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the basil and scallion and simmer for 1 minute more. Serve with jasmine rice.
- 436 calories (less with no rice) per serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by VeggieLove24 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note