Thai-Style Basil Chicken Curry [Adapted from A Splendid Table]
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 2 in. piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1-4 fresh chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) tumeric
- 2 tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 1 pound(s) chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves chopped, divided
- brown rice, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- Make a simple curry saute of 8 large garlic cloves, 2 inches of fresh ginger, 1 to 4 fresh chilies and half a medium onion, all finely chopped together. (My adaptation: add 1/4c chopped basil to paste). Saute these ingredients in canola oil in a 4-quart saucepan until they start browning.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and 2 large, good-tasting tomatoes that you've cut into chunks. Cook 5 minutes to thicken. Now add 1-1/2 cups coconut milk and simmer 5 minutes to thicken a bit more.
- Drop in 1 pound of boned and diced chicken thighs, cooking them through in about 15 minutes. (My adaptation: when chicken is slightly browned, add sliced red pepper, and sliced onion).
- Just before serving, stir in a big handful of fresh basil leaves and some more minced fresh chilies.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thai-Style Basil Chicken Curry [Adapted from A Splendid Table] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes