I am putting this in my amazing and quick meal to make for a special occasion file! I thought it went together easily and fast. I RARELY make anything twice but this one will see our table again!
Thai Sticky Shrimp with Coconut Rice
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 569
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 96g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 1238mg
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups short-grain white rice such as pearl
- 2 ruby grapefruit (about 2 lb. total)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound thawed frozen uncooked, shelled, deveined shrimp (38 to 50 per lb.), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound Belgian endive, leaves separated, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 cup finely slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, combine coconut milk, rice, and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut peel and membrane from grapefruit. Cut between fruit and membrane to release segments into a bowl.
- 3. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Stir on high heat until boiling, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and stir often until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Mound rice equally on warm plates, spoon shrimp mixture equally onto rice, and garnish with grapefruit segments, endive leaves, and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note