Easy to make and very flavorful. However, I think I will make it more of a salad and a more filling meal by using the recipe as it is but adding a lettuce mix more like a traditional salad.
Thai Steak Salad
Lots of veggies and herbs pack flavorful Thai Steak Salad. It's quick to prepare and would also be delicious with grilled chicken or lamb.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak evenly with pepper and salt. Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 2. Combine juice and next 5 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 3. Combine cabbage and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add 6 tablespoons juice mixture to cabbage mixture; toss well. Toss steak in remaining 2 tablespoons juice mixture. Add steak to cabbage mixture; toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note