Thai Shrimp Toast
Community Recipe from
- 16 slice(s) White Bread
- 24 ounce(s) Medium Shrimp (21-25) Shelled & Deveined
- 1/2 pound(s) Ground Pork
- 2 Large Eggs Beaten
- 6 tablespoon(s) Scallions Finely Chopped
- 6 tablespoon(s) Cilantro Chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) White Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter (or any other shape you prefer), cut out two hearts from each slice of bread and set aside. Use large, firm slices such as Pepperidge Farm for best results.
- Finely grind the shrimp in a food processor. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients, except for the vegetable oil, and mix well. Spread the mixture evenly over each bread heart.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees. Place hearts, a few at a time, in oil with mixture side down and fry two minutes. Turn and fry until bread is golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels, patting tops with another towel to remove any excess oil.
- You can either serve these immediately with your choice of dipping sauces or they can be frozen for up to 2 months. If frozen, preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat on cookie tray for 10 - 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KNewman430 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes